Profile of the Electoral Division of Boothby (SA)
Updated: 9 February 2011
Named after William Boothby 1829–1903, the Returning Officer for the first election of Members of the House of Representatives in 1901.
Area and Location Description:
Boothby covers an area of approximately 123 sq km from Clarence Gardens and Urrbrae in the north to Marino in the south. The main suburbs include Belair, Blackwood, Brighton, Daw Park, Eden Hills, Marion, Mitcham, Seacliff, St Marys and Panorama.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
Car manufacturing, army camp and military barracks, several hospitals, a number of nursing homes, and various small industries.
- Southcott, A (LP) 1996–
- Hall, R S (LP) 1981–1996
- McLeay, J E (LP) 1966–1981
- McLeay, J (LP/LCL/LP) 1949–1966
- Sheehy, T N (ALP) 1943–1949
- Price, A G (UAP) 1941–1943
- Price, J L (ALP/UAP) 1928–1941
- Duncan-Hughes, J (LIB/NAT) 1922–1928
- Story, W H (NAT) 1917–1922
- Dankel, G (ALP) 1913–1917
- Gordon, D J (LIB) 1911–1913
- Batchelor, E L (ALP) 1903–1911
Current Member Details:
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
Divisional Office Contact Details
2007 Federal Election Results:
House of Representatives results for Boothby
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.