- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1984 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of McEwen (2021)
Map of the Division of McEwen (2021) [PDF 1.82MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of the Rt Hon. Sir John McEwen GCMG CH, 1900–80. McEwen was Prime Minister of Australia (1967–68) and a Member of the House of Representatives (1934–71).
- 2,676 sq km
- Location description
The Division of McEwen consists of:
- part of the Macedon Ranges Shire Council,
- part of the Mitchell Shire Council,
- part of the Nillumbik Shire Council, and
- part of the Whittlesea City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.