- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 2019 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Cooper (2021)
Map of the Division of Cooper (2021) [PDF 1.82MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of William Cooper, 1861–1941. Cooper was a Yorta Yorta man who as a spokesman for Aboriginal people called for direct representation in parliament, enfranchisement, land rights and federal control of Aboriginal affairs.
- 59 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Cooper consists of:
- Darebin City Council,
- part of the Moreland City Council, and
- part of the Yarra City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.