- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Bendigo (2021)
Map of the Division of Bendigo (2021) [PDF 1.52MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the city covered by the electoral division. The city is named after a Ravenswood shepherd who was nicknamed 'Bendigo' after an English pugilist, Abednego William Thompson.
- 5,285 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Bendigo consists of:
- Greater Bendigo City,
- Mount Alexander Shire Council,
- part of the Macedon Ranges Shire Council, and
- part of the Mitchell Shire Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Provincial – outside capital cities, but with a majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.