- Western Australia
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 02 August 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1974 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Tangney (2021) [PDF 1.41MB]
Map of the Division of Tangney (2021) [PDF 2.00MB]
Download Western Australia GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Dame Dorothy Margaret Tangney DBE, 1907–85. As a Senator for Western Australia (1943–68), Tangney was the first woman member of the Senate.
- 102 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Tangney consists of:
- part of the Canning City Council,
- part of the Cockburn City Council,
- part of the Gosnells City Council
- part of the Melville City Council, and
- part of the Perth City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.