- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 2019 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Nicholls (2021)
Map of the Division of Nicholls (2021) [PDF 3.27MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
In recognition of their significant contribution in advocating for Aboriginal rights and welfare, the electoral division is jointly named in honour of:
- Sir Douglas Ralph Nicholls MBE(C) OBE(C) KCVO, 1906–88, a Yorta Yorta, Baraparapa, Dja Dja Wurrung, Jupagalk and Wergaia man, and
- Lady Gladys Nicholls, 1906–81, a Baraparapa and Dja Dja Wurrung woman.
- 14,773 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Nicholls consists of:
- Campaspe Shire Council,
- Greater Shepparton City Council,
- Moira Shire Council,
- part of the Mitchell Shire Council, and
- part of the Strathbogie Shire Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.