- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1949 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Chisholm (2021)
Map of the Division of Chisholm (2021) [PDF 2.67MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Caroline Chisholm, 1808–77. Chisholm was known for her work in encouraging emigration to Australia, her social work in New South Wales and Victoria, particularly with immigrant girls, and the building of a series of shelter sheds along the routes to the diggings in the Victorian goldfields.
- 77 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Chisholm consists of:
- part of the Monash City Council, and
- part of the Whitehorse City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.