- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1984 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Aston (2021)
Map of the Division of Aston (2021) [PDF 2.94MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Matilda 'Tilly' Ann Aston, 1873–1947. Aston was a blind writer and teacher who founded the Victorian Association of Braille Writers in 1894 and the Association for the Advancement of the Blind. Aston was also the head of the School for the Blind.
- 114 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Aston consists of:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and containing large areas of recent suburban expansion.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.