Profile of the electoral division of Riverina (NSW)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- New South Wales
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 25 February 2016
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
Note: The name was modified to 'Riverina-Darling' for the 1984 federal election before being changed to 'Riverina' for the 1993 federal election.
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2016 federal election
- Maps of Division
- Name derivation:
- Named after the area covered by the electoral division.
- 48 988 sq km
- Location Description:
- Riverina is located in the south of NSW and extends from Parkes, Cowra, Harden and Gundagai in the east to Ungarie, Ardlethan and Coolamon in the west and from Tullamore, Peak Hill and Parkes in the north to Lockhart, Tarcutta and Gundagai in the south. Towns include Ardlethan, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Cowra, Forbes, Grenfell, Gundagai, Harden, Junee, Parkes, Peak Hill, Tarcutta, Temora, Tullamore, Ungarie, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong and Young.
This description reflects local government areas in existence in 2015.
- Demographic rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC contact:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information: