Profile of the electoral division of Page (NSW)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- New South Wales
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 25 February 2016
- First election this name was used at:
- 1984 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2016 federal election
- Maps of Division
- Name derivation:
- Named in honour of the Rt Hon. Sir Earle Christmas Grafton Page GCMG CH, 1880–1961. Page was caretaker Prime Minister of Australia (7 April–16 April 1939) and a Member of the House of Representatives (1919–61).
- 19 342 sq km
- Location Description:
- Page covers an area from Sapphire Beach in the south to Nimbin in the north on the coastal side, and from Nymboida in the south to the Queensland border on the inland side. The main towns include Casino, Dunoon, Evans Head, Grafton, Iluka, Kyogle, Lismore, Nimbin, Sapphire Beach and Wooli.
This description reflects local government areas in existence in 2015.
- Demographic rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC contact:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information: