Profile of the electoral division of Gilmore (NSW)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- New South Wales
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 25 February 2016
- First election this name was used at:
- 1984 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2016 federal election
- Maps of Division
- Name derivation:
- Named in honour of Dame Mary Jean Gilmore DBE, 1865–1962. Gilmore was a noted poet and prose writer.
- 6 342 sq km
- Location Description:
- Gilmore covers an area along the coast from Kiama in the north to Tuross Head in the south. Towns and suburbs include Bawley Point, Batemans Bay, Berry, Callala Bay, Cunjurong, Currarong, Fishermans Paradise, Gerroa, Kiama, Malua Bay, Mogo, Moruya, Nowra, Sussex Inlet, Tomerong, Tuross Head, and Ulladulla.
This description reflects local government areas in existence in 2015.
- Demographic rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC contact:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information: