Profile of the electoral division of Dobell (NSW)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- New South Wales
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 25 February 2016
- First election this name was used at:
- 1984 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2016 federal election
- Maps of Division
- Name derivation:
- Named in honour of Sir William Dobell OBE, 1899–1970. Dobell was a prominent Australian painter and portrait artist who won the Archibald Prize in 1943.
- 787 sq km
- Location Description:
- Dobell covers an area from Ravensdale in the north to Erina Heights in the south. The main towns include Bateau Bay, Berkeley Vale, Blue Haven, Chittaway Bay, Charmhaven, Dooralong, Erina Heights (part), Gorokan, Hamlyn Terrace, Jilliby, Kanwal, Killarney Vale, Kulnura (part), Lake Haven, Lisarow (part), Long Jetty, Magenta, Mardi, Narara (part), Niagara Park (part), Norah Head, Noraville, Ourimbah, Ravensdale, Tacoma, The Entrance, Toowoon Bay, Toukley, Tuggerah, Tuggerawong, Tumbi Umbi, Wallarah, Wamberal (part), Warnervale, Woongarrah, Wyoming, Wyong, Wyong Creek and Yarramalong.
This description reflects local government areas in existence in 2015.
- Demographic rating:
- Provincial – outside capital cities, but with a majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC contact:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information: