2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Brand (WA)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Western Australia
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of Brand (2008) [PDF 120KB]
Map of the Division of Brand (2008) [PDF 2.7MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Sir David Brand 1912–79, Premier of Western Australia 1959–71, Member of the Legislative Assembly 1945–75.
- Area and Location Description:
- Brand covers an area of approximately 411 sq km from Rowley Road in the north to the northern suburbs of the City of Mandurah in the south, and also includes Garden Island. The main localities are the City of Kwinana and the City of Rockingham.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Heavy industry in the Kwinana industrial area, alumina refining, tourism and the naval base, HMAS Stirling, on Garden Island.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Gray, G (ALP) 2007–
Beazley, K (ALP) 1996–2007
Fatin, W F (ALP) 1984–1996
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Brand
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Brand
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Brand
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.