2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Menzies (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Menzies (2010) [PDF 1MB]
Map of the Division of Menzies (2010) [PDF 25.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Sir Robert Menzies 1894–1978, Prime Minister of Australia 1939–41 and 1949–66.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Menzies is located in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 125 sq km from Bulleen in the west to Wonga Park in the east. The main suburbs include Bulleen, Croydon Hills, Croydon North (part), Doncaster, Doncaster East, Donvale, Park Orchards, Ringwood North (part), Templestowe, Templestowe Lower, Warrandyte, Warrandyte South, Warranwood (part) and Wonga Park (part).
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Various light industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Andrews, K (LP) 1991–
Brown, N A (LP) 1984–1991
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Menzies
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Menzies
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Menzies
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.