2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Gorton (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Gorton (2010) [PDF 992KB]
Map of the Division of Gorton (2010) [PDF 13.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after former Prime Minister Sir John Gorton, who served as Prime Minister between 1968 and 1971.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Gorton is located west of Melbourne. It covers an area of approximately 562 sq km and includes the suburbs of Albanvale, Brookfield, Burnside, Cairnlea, Caroline Springs, Deer Park, Delahey, Derrimut, Diggers Rest (part), Exford, Eynesbury (part), Hillside, Kings Park, Kurunjang, Melton, Melton West, Melton South, Mount Cottrell, Plumpton, Rockbank, Taylors Hill, Truganina (part) and Toolern Vale.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Home to the harness racing industry, and supports many horse training and breeding facilities.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- O'Connor, B (ALP) 2004–
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Gorton
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Gorton
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Gorton
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.