2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Deakin (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Deakin (2010) [PDF 1.4MB]
Map of the Division of Deakin (2010) [PDF 19.2MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Alfred Deakin 1856–1919, Prime Minister of Australia 1903–04, 1905–08 and 1909–10.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Deakin is located in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 70 sq km from Blackburn in the west to Croydon in the east. The main suburbs include Bayswater North (part), Blackburn, Blackburn North, Croydon (part), Croydon South (part), Forest Hill (part), Heathmont, Mitcham, Nunawading, Ringwood, Ringwood East, Ringwood North (part), Vermont and Vermont South.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Mainly residential with some light manufacturing, commercial and retail industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Symon, M (ALP) 2007–
Barresi, P (LP) 1996–2007
Aldred, K J (LP) 1990–1996
Beale, J H (LP) 1984–1990
Saunderson, J (ALP) 1983–1984
Jarman, A W (LP) 1966–1983
Davis, F J (LP) 1949–1966
Hutchinson, W J (LP) 1937–1949
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Deakin
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Deakin
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Deakin
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.