2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Makin (SA)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- South Australia
- Current, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Makin (2011) [PDF 237KB]
Map of the Division of Makin (2011) [PDF 4.6MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Norman Makin 1889–1982, Member of the House of Representatives 1919–46, 1954–63 and Speaker of the House 1929–31.
- Area and Location Description:
- Makin covers an area of approximately 130 sq km from the Little Para River and Gould Creek in the north to Grand Junction Road in the south. The suburbs of Banksia Park, Fairview Park, Gepps Cross (part), Golden Grove, Greenwith, Gulfview Heights, Hope Valley (part), Ingle Farm, Mawson Lakes, Modbury, Para Hills, Para Vista, Pooraka, Redwood Park, Ridgehaven, Salisbury East, Salisbury Heights, St Agnes, Surrey Downs, Tea Tree Gully, Valley View, Vista, Walkley Heights, Wynn Vale and Yatala Vale are in this division.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Light manufacturing, commercial and retail industry, aviation, wineries, horse studs, hobby farmers, poultry, brick making and tourism.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Zappia, A (ALP) 2007–
Draper, T (LP) 1996–2007
Duncan, P (ALP) 1984–1996
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Makin
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Makin
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Makin
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.