Named after the Murray River which was named by Charles Sturt in 1830 after Sir George Murray, Colonial Secretary.
Murray covers an area of approximately 16 229 sq km. Its boundaries extend from Boort situated in the north west corner of the Loddon Shire bordering the division of Mallee, south to Wedderburn and Inglewood, bordering the division of Bendigo, extending east taking in the local government areas of Campaspe and City of Greater Shepparton, bordering the division of Indi. It extends north east to Yarrawonga joining the State border. The main towns include Boort, Bridgewater on Loddon, Cobram, Echuca, Kyabram, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nathalia, Numurkah, Rochester, Rushworth, Shepparton, Tatura, Wedderburn and Yarrawonga.
Sheep, wheat, dairy and fruit processing industries.
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.