Named after Sir John Franklin 1786–1847, Lieutenant-Governor of Tasmania 1837–43.
Franklin covers an area of approximately 6 514 sq km from Old Beach in the north to Port Davey in the south and Seven Mile Beach in the east. The City of Clarence is in the division. Other major towns include Blackmans Bay, Cygnet, Dover, Franklin, Geeveston, Huonville, Kingston (part), Margate, Old Beach, Richmond and Snug, as well as Bruny Island.
Apples, pears, small fruits, aquaculture, fishing, beef cattle, sheep, forestry, cottage industry, vineyards and tourism.
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.