2007 federal election: Profile of the Electoral Division of Franklin
Updated: 11 October 2011
Named after Sir John Franklin 1786–1847, Lieutenant-Governor of Tasmania 1837–43.
Area and Location Description:
Franklin covers an area of approximately 7 933 sq km from Bridgewater in the north to Port Davey in the south and Seven Mile Beach in the east. The City of Clarence is in the division. Other major towns include Blackmans Bay, Bridgewater (part), Cygnet, Dover, Franklin, Geeveston, Huonville, Kingston (part), Margate and Snug as well as Bruny Island.
Products/Industries of the Area:
Apples, pears, small fruits, fishing, beef cattle, sheep, forestry, cottage industry and tourism.
- Collins, J (ALP) 2007–
- Quick, H (ALP) 1993–2007
- Goodluck, B J (LP) 1975–1993
- Sherry, R H (ALP) 1969–1975
- Pearsall, T G (LP) 1966–1969
- Falkinder, C W J (LP) 1946–1966
- Frost, C W (FLP/ALP) 1934–1946
- Blacklow, A C (UAP) 1931–1934
- Frost, C W (ALP) 1929–1931
- McWilliams, W J (IND) 1928–1929
- Seabrook, A C (NAT) 1922–1928
- McWilliams, W J (ANTI-SOC/LIB/NAT/CP) 1903–1922
Current Member Details:
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
Divisional Office Contact Details
2007 Federal Election Results:
House of Representatives results for Franklin
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.