Named after John Oxley 1783–1828, noted explorer and surveyor.
Oxley covers an area of approximately 217 sq km from Acacia Ridge and Parkinson in the east to Riverview and part of Redbank Plains in the west, and from Corinda and Sinnamon Park in the north to Springfield Lakes in the south.
Railway workshops, coal mining, dairying, beef cattle, horse studs and farming with some industrial, light industrial and commercial activities.
1900/1901 (The original Oxley was renamed Griffith in 1934. This division of Oxley was proclaimed in 1949.)
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.