2004 Profile of the division of Warringah
Updated: 30 September 2011
New South Wales
Named after the area in which it is located.
Area and Location Description:
Warringah covers an area of approximately 56 sq km from Mosman Bay in the south to Dee Why Lagoon in the north and Davidson State Park in the west. The main suburbs include Allambie Heights, Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, Beacon Hill, Brookvale, Curl Curl, Dee Why, Fairlight, Forestville, Harbord, Killarney Heights, Manly, Manly Vale, Mosman, Queenscliff and Seaforth.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
Light manufacturing, service and leisure industries.
- ABBOTT, T (LP) 1994–
- MACKELLAR, M J R (LP) 1969–1994
- ST JOHN, E H (LP) 1966–1969
- COCKLE, J S (LP) 1961–1966
- BLAND, F A (LP) 1951–1961
- SPENDER, P C (UAP/LP) 1937–1951
- PARKHILL, R A (NAT/UAP) 1927–1937
- RYRIE, G (NAT) 1922–1927
Current Member Details:
See the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
See Divisional Office Contact Details
2004 Federal Election Results:
- Enrolment: 85 347
- Informal Vote: 5.89%
- Turnout: 93.15%
- Seat Status: Safe Liberal
- Two Party Preferred: LP: 60.48% | ALP: 39.52%
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.