2004 Profile of the division of Bowman
Updated: 29 September 2011
Named after David Bowman 1860–1916, a Member of the Queensland Parliament 1904–16.
Area and Location Description:
Bowman covers an area of 573 sq km from Thorneside in the north to Carbrook in the south and includes the islands of Coochiemudlo, Lamb, Macleay, Russell and North Stradbroke. The main suburbs include Alexandra Hills, Birkdale, Capalaba, Carbrook, Cleveland, Cornubia, Mt Cotton, Ormiston, Redland Bay, Thorneside, Thornlands, Victoria Point and Wellington Point.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
The area is mostly residential with some crops, poultry, various light industries and tourism.
- LAMING, A (LP)–
- SCIACCA, C (ALP) 1998–2004
- WEST, A (LP) 1996–1998
- SCIACCA, C A (ALP) 1987–1996
- KEOGH, L J (ALP) 1983–1987
- JULL, D F (LP) 1975–1983
- KEOGH, L J (ALP) 1969–1975
- GIBBS, W T (LP) 1963–1969
- COMBER, J (ALP) 1961–1963
- MCCOLM, M L (LP) 1949–1961
Current Member Details:
See the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
See Divisional Office Contact Details
2004 Federal Election Results:
- Enrolment: 86 262
- Informal Vote: 4.96%
- Turnout: 94.91%
- Seat Status: Fairly Safe Liberal
- Two Party Preferred: LP: 59.12% | ALP: 40.88%
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.