Environment Management System (EMS) Policy
Updated: 24 January 2011
The Australian Electoral Commission is a dynamic, customer-focused organisation, responsible for providing the Australian people with an independent electoral service capable of meeting their needs, while enhancing their understanding of and participation in the electoral process.
Our Environment Management Commitment
This policy covers the office-based operations of the Australian Electoral Commission in Australia.
- will identify, implement and promote best practice environmental management systems and operations;
- is committed to operate in an ecologically sustainable manner by reducing waste and the use of energy and resources;
- will comply with relevant Commonwealth and State/Territory Environment Legislation and with the Commonwealth Government's environmental policies and initiatives;
- will work toward providing an environmentally sound workplace, and implementation of environmentally sound work practices; and
- will encourage our employees, contractors, suppliers, and clients to improve performance in the AEC's environmental management.