- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1984 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Goldstein (2021)
Map of the Division of Goldstein (2021) [PDF 891MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Vida Jane Goldstein, 1869–1949. Goldstein was a suffragist, feminist and involved in social welfare. As a Senate candidate in 1903, Goldstein was one of the first women in the British Empire to be nominated for and to stand for election to a national parliament. Goldstein made a further four attempts to be elected to Federal parliament.
- 51 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Goldstein consists of:
- Bayside City Council, and
- part of the Glen Eira City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.