- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Corio (2021)
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the geographic area covered by the electoral division. 'Corio' is beleved to have originated from an Aboriginal word 'coraiyo' meaning small marsupial or sandy cliffs or from the Aboriginal word 'Korayn' meaning salt.
- 773 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Corio consists of:
- part of the Greater Geelong City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Provincial – outside capital cities, but with a majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.