Financial Disclosure Guide for Political Parties

Updated: 6 July 2016

Amending returns

A request may be made to or by the AEC seeking amendment of a return that has been lodged and subsequently found to be incomplete or incorrect. A Request for Amendment–Political Party Disclosure Return is available at

Amendments to total receipts, total payments and/or total debts require that the previously submitted amount be provided together with the amended amount/s.

Changes to details of receipts or debts should be separated into:

  • Additional information not previously provided.
  • Amendment of information previously provided.

In order to avoid confusion or ambiguity when completing a Request for Amendment – Political Party Disclosure Return, the record/s being changed should be clearly identified.