Profile of the electoral division of Forde (Qld)
Updated: 26 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Forde (2009) [PDF 498KB]
Map of the Division of Forde (2009) [PDF 1.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Francis Michael Forde (1890–1983), Member of Legislative Assembly 1917–22, Member of House of Representatives 1922–46, Prime Minister of Australia 6–12 July 1945.
- Area and Location Description:
- Forde covers an area of approximately 419 sq km from Boronia Heights, Loganlea, Shailer Park and Carbrook in the north to Wongawallan and Upper Coomera in the south. Suburbs include Beenleigh, Bethania, Boronia Heights, Chambers Flat, Cornubia, Eagleby, Edens Landing, Loganholme, Logan Reserve, Mount Warren Park, Ormeau Hills, Park Ridge, Tanah Merah, Upper Coomera, Waterford, Waterford West and Windaroo as well as parts of Daisy Hill, Heritage Park, Loganlea, Munruben, Ormeau, Park Ridge South and Shailer Park.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Retail, commercial and industrial activities.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Van Manen, B (LNQ) 2010–
Raguse, B (ALP) 2007–2010
Elson, K (LP) 1996–2007
Crawford, M C (ALP) 1987–1996
Watson, D J H (LP) 1984–1987
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Forde
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Forde
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Forde
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Forde
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.