Named after Sir John Robertson (1816–91), former Premier of New South Wales.
Area and Location Description:
Robertson covers an area of approximately 978 sq km from the Hawkesbury River in the south, west to Wiseman's Ferry, north along the Gosford City Council Boundary (Great North Rd) to Kulnura, then east and south along the Gosford City Council boundary until it crosses the main Northern Railway Line at Lisarow. South along the main Northern Railway line to North Gosford, then east along Glennie Street, Bradys Gully Road, Clyde Road, Carlton Rd, The Entrance Road, Willoughby Road to Dover Road alignment and Terrigal Lagoon to its mouth. The main centres include Gosford, Terrigal, Woy Woy and Erina.
Products/industries of the area:
Tourism, retail, service industries, light manufacturing and processing. Citrus, vegetable and flower growing, poultry products.
O'Neill, D (ALP) 2010–
Neal, B (ALP) 2007–2010
Lloyd, J (LP) 1996–2007
Walker, F J (ALP) 1990–1996
Cohen, B (ALP) 1969–1990
Bridges-Maxwell, C W (LP) 1964–1969
Dean, R L (LP) 1949–1964
Williams, T F (ALP) 1943–1949
Spooner, E S (UAP) 1940–1943
Gardner, S L (NAT/UAP) 1922–1940
Fleming, W M (LIB/NAT/NAT & FARMERS/CP) 1913–1922
Johnson, W J (ALP) 1910–1913
Willis, H (FT/ANTI-SOC) 1901–1910