Federal electoral divisions in Victoria and the ACT formalised
Updated: 13 July 2018
The next federal general election will be conducted on new House of Representatives divisions in Victoria and the ACT after notices were today published in the Commonwealth Government Notices Gazette.
Individual division profile maps and geospatial data for the new federal electoral divisions are now available.
More detailed division maps and the final redistribution reports will be available after the material has been tabled in both houses of parliament by the Special Minister of State.
- People on the electoral roll that are affected by the redistribution will now be automatically moved into their new federal electoral division. No action is necessary.
- While the new boundaries of federal electoral divisions will be in place from Friday 13 July 2018, federal elections will not be contested on these new electoral divisions until a writ is issued for a general election following the expiry or dissolution of the House of Representatives.
- Victorian maps and geospatial data
- ACT maps and geospatial data
- Further information about the redistribution process