Eleven candidates to contest the 2018 Longman by-election
Updated: 6 July 2018
Eleven candidates have nominated to contest the 2018 Longman by-election, the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) announced today.
The candidate nominations, in ballot paper order, that were officially declared at midday today are:
- RUSSELL, Lloyd Thomas John – Liberal Democrats
- SALEAM, Jim – Australia First Party
- BELL, Gregory – Labour DLP
- PERKINS, Jackie – Independent
- NOONAN, James – Science Party
- STEPHEN, Matthew – Pauline Hanson’s One Nation
- REECE, John – Australian People’s Party
- LAMB, Susan – Australian Labor Party
- RUTHENBERG, Trevor – Liberal National Party of Queensland
- VERRIER, Blair Ann – Australian Country Party
- BEHRENS, Gavin – The Greens
Note: information regarding the nominations for the Longman by-election will also be made available on the AEC website. The publication of qualification checklists and associated material will occur on Monday 9 July.