Australian Electoral Commission
Profile of the electoral division of Solomon (NT)
Updated: 3 February 2016
- Northern Territory
- Current, boundary gazetted 19 September 2008
Currently under redistribution. The next federal election will be contested on the existing boundaries because the new boundaries will not take effect until 7 February 2017.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of Solomon (2008) [PDF 120KB]
Map of NT electoral boundaries (2008) [PDF 1.6MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Vaiben Louis Solomon 1853–1908, who has been described as the Northern Territory's founding father of federation.
- Area and Location Description:
- Solomon covers an area of approximately 337 sq km and includes the cities of Darwin and Palmerston and urban fringes.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Tourism, mining, horticulture, fishing and light industry.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- 2000/2001 (Previously part of the Division of Northern Territory - 1922-2000.)
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Griggs, N (CLP) 2010–
Hale, D (ALP) 2007–2010
Tollner, D (CLP) 2001–2007
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.