Profile of the electoral division of Solomon (NT)
Updated: 27 February 2017
- Northern Territory
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 7 February 2017
- First election this name was used at:
- 2001 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- The next federal election following the 2016 federal election
- Maps and data:
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Vaiben Louis Solomon, 1853–1908, who was an active member of the Constitutional Conventions that led to the Commonwealth of Australia. Between 1901 and 1903 Mr Solomon was elected as one of the first Members of the House of Representatives as the member for the South Australian seat that included the Northern Territory. Mr Solomon also represented the Northern Territory seat in the South Australian House of Assembly on several occasions.
- 190.61 sq km
- Location description:
- Solomon covers the Darwin Municipality, the Palmerston Municipality (with the exception of the suburbs of Farrar, Johnston, Mitchell, Yarrawonga and Zuccoli), and the unincorporated areas of the Darwin Rates Act Area and East Arm.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Tourism, mining, horticulture, fishing and light industry.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Gosling, L (ALP) 2016–
Griggs, N (CLP) 2010–2016
Hale, D (ALP) 2007–2010
Tollner, D (CLP) 2001–2007
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
2016 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Solomon
2016 divisional profile
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.