2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Bennelong (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Bennelong (2009) [PDF 104KB]
Map of the Division of Bennelong (2009) [PDF 7.2MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after the Aboriginal man whom Governor Phillip befriended in 1789.
- Area and Location Description:
- Bennelong covers an area of approximately 58 sq km from Roselea and Melrose Park in the west, bounded by the Parramatta River in the south and Victoria Road, Pittwater Road and the Lane Cove River in the east, with the Lane Cove River, Devlins Creek and the Hills Motorway providing the northern boundary. Suburbs include Denistone, Epping, East Ryde, Eastwood, Macquarie Park, Marsfield, Meadowbank, Melrose Park, Putney, North Ryde, Ryde, West Ryde and parts of Carlingford, Ermington and Gladesville.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Light manufacturing, commercial and retail businesses.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Alexander, J (LP) 2010–
McKew, M (ALP) 2007–2010
Howard, J (LP) 1974–2007
Cramer, J O (LP) 1949–1974
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bennelong
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bennelong
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bennelong
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.